If you try to grow lemons at home, you will notice the difference between the ones that you will grow and the ones you find in the grocery store. You will notice a really big difference in the taste, quality, and freshness and there will be absolutely no chemicals in them. They will be purely organic.
Thus, it is not important if you are using the peels or you add them to the morning smoothie or tea, you will grow them at home. Just buy one baby lemon tree, 2-3 years old and you can grow them easily.
Then, buy a clay or plastic pot with poked holes on the bottom and make sure the pot is bigger than the roots of the baby lemon tree. This is because when it will get big, you will need a pot that is 17-2 inches in diameter and 12-15 inches in depth.
So, when you plant the tree, put some stones in the pot so that there is air flow inside it. Then, put some soil that is made for growing trees and fruits to get the optimal results.
This is all you have to do. Afterwards, make sure it catches the sunlight for 8-10 hours a day and do not put too much water over it. If you want it ripe it needs 6-9 months, then it will get the proper color and be ready.
How to Grow a Lemon Tree From a Simple Seed
- Do not purchase non-organic lemons because their seeds are not germinating. Thus, buy an organic one.
- You have to get fertile potting soil, the one that has vermiculite, peat, perlite and natural fertilizers.
- Then, get a pot to plant at, possibly 6 inches deep and 6 inches in diameter.
- Later, you will need a pot 12 inches deep and 24 inches in diameter.
- Finally, find a sunny location in your home or get a grow lamp.
How to Grow a Lemon Tree at Home
- First, make sure the potting soil is damp and moist, but do not soak the whole of it.
- Fill the small pot with soil and fill 1 inch below the top rim.
- Cut the lemon in pieces and take 1 seed only. Just suck the lemon or pulp its surface.
- Make sure you do not delay the plant process. You need to bury the seed in soil that is moist. When you plant the seed do it 1/2 inch deep in the middle of the pot.
- Use the water in the spray bottle and spray above the seed several times.
- Cover the pot with a plastic wrap and take a rubber band to seal the edges. Then, poke several holes on the plastic wrap with a needle.
- Put the pat in a sunny and warm place in your house.
- You must not leave the soil dry. So, make sure you spray some water often. The soil needs to be moist all the time.
- Take the plastic wrap off and the sprouts will start to grow after 2 weeks. Make sure you use a glow light if you need more sunlight. The lemon tree needs a lot of heat from the sun.
- Due to the fact that the soil needs to be damp, it needs to be under sunlight 8 hours a day and you need to give it the right amount of fertilizer as well.
- You need to make sure that your plant is not attacked by insects or diseases. Take off the brown and dead leaves from it. This way you will protect it.
- When the baby lemon plant is big enough for the small pot, put it in the larger one. The plant will need proper watering, but not as much as the baby tree. Do not starve it, just water it often.
That is all! In these 2 ways, you can get your 100% organic and tasty lemon without chemicals. Good luck!